Sunday, March 17, 2013

Overflowing Cup

Remember Psalm 23? I memorized it as a child, and it comes back to my mind at times (totally a God thing). :) Well, it's been popping up a lot this weekend. After our stinky news of yet another delay before we meet our precious Libby Rose, God has placed special people around us to lift our spirits! The phone call from my mama on Thursday; she had just the right words. My cup was filling up. Friday, a card on my desk that made me laugh so hard with encouraging words AND a drink from Sonic. Better yet, the laughter I shared with my friends at school. My cup filled up more! Saturday morning I got a text stating Carter said I had an "ear conFECTion and a throat conFECTion". Lots of giggles. Pictures of my nephews in their St. Patrick's Day shirts = a grinning Aunt from ear to ear! Saturday night time with friends whom we've been blessed to meet along our adoption journeys. My cup filled up more! Our church family is wonderful. Sunday School to "big church" to the music we sang in worship to our King were exactly what I needed. This afternoon we spent time with David, Jen, and Makayla. While in Makayla's room, she showed me her pictures of Libby and then pointed to the heart on her shirt and said, "My Libby!" Watching cartoons with your best friends and sometimes just being with each other. My cup has spilled over! I'm so thankful! Thankful God has placed so many great people in our lives in real life and online (our HK message board friends). Our niece Makayla wearing her "Worth the Wait" outfit I made her!

3 comments:

  1. Cilla, I am so glad God has placed so much encouragement around you during this tough time. It would be easy to pout and feel sorry for yourselves, but instead, you are focusing on God's blessings. Good for you! :)
    Praying for you guys and cannot wait to meet Libby too! She is so lucky! Wait until she's able to understand all HER blessings!

    ReplyDelete