Thursday, February 9, 2012

Choosing to be Thankful

Recently I've been "in the dumps". We've crossed the year and half mark of official adoption wait time and are nearing the four year mark of trying to grow our family. There are times where it's not that difficult to push the yucky emotions aside, but then there are times where it seems I'm too weak to push them away. Going through this is definitely not what I would have chosen, but I know God has a plan for each and every struggle I go though.

Though there are trails in my life, I have much to be thankful for.
*I'm thankful for Charlie. I am so very blessed to have such an amazing husband.

*My parents are extremely supportive of us adopting. It's so nice to have their support. Daddy sent a simple text this week letting me know he was proud and that he loved me. It made my day. Mama and my David often lift my spirits with their words of encouragement. Again, I'm so blessed.

*Charlie and I both have wonderful friends who encourage us and pray that we will be matched with Little Leonard.

*Our church family truly feels like family. I'm oh so very thankful for the prayers our church family lifts up. I'm also thankful Sam / Libby will grow up at FBC.

*We both have jobs we enjoy. Charlie likes what he is doing at Affordable, and I love being surrounded with my kids and amazing coworkers. We are so very, very blessed.

*The support group meetings that Bethany offers are wonderful. Sometimes they make me oh so emotional, but they also make me feel like a true expectant mother.

*I'm thankful we are healthy. So many of my friends and their loved ones are facing battles.

*We have a cozy home to welcome our baby into.

*We have the money to pay for the adoption! WOO HOO!!!

Thank you all for your constant prayers. Please continue to pray that we will be able to update ya'll soon that we have a miracle by the name of Little Leonard.

Little Leonard's Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment