Saturday, September 24, 2011

Adoptive Families Picnic

We walked away from the picnic today with encouragement and a bit of sadness. It was wonderful to hear other adoptive parents share their stories of being matched with their little miracles. We were extremely thankful that there were 2 other waiting families there today as well! YAY! It was great to catch up with them and not feel like weirdos. :)

While we totally loved hearing adoptive moms and dads tell their stories, it was hard to swallow that we are still waiting for our story to get REALLY exciting. I didn't cry while at the picnic though at times I wanted to. I'm so thankful God gave Charlie and me the strength to get through this picnic and to have a good time. :)

Hopefully next year we will return our reservation card to Bethany with at least 3 who will attend!



This cake made me smile so much that I'm sure I now have a wrinkle!



Bethany did a fantastic job of entertaining the kids! There was face painting and lots of fun blow ups!



Sam or Libby's daddy enjoying his food. :) I'm so thankful for this wonderful man!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you were able to enjoy yourself at the picnic. I love you.

    ReplyDelete